Blog about what is happening in Pakistan and around.

Banner 468

 
Facebook
RSS

academia-research - A scam or a legit site for freelancing and money making

-
Anonymous

A friend referred academia-research dot com for freelance writings and earning money online. When I visited the site, it looked quite good. At home page it claims "Academia-Research Is a Leader in Providing Freelance Writing Services". Then it explains all the benefits of Signing up with the site and the earning potential that is for the registered users.

If you search for "academia research scam" on google, you would get some writers wrote about their experiences with academia research and how they don't pay or their late payments. There are also posts claiming that the telephone number given on the site is not working and the domain is also anonymized. The site uses a template and such site could be build with few hours of work. The site does not have any backlinks as well.

They claim to pay from $5 - $17 per page. Now I have worked with the freelance giants like freelancer.com and elance.com. The project owners do not pay in such straight rates. It always depends on who is writing and what are his/her writing style and techniques. Different topics have different rates.

Also academia-research claims that their customers request doctorate level writings and still they would not ask for your academic qualifications at the time of registration. How can you judge someone by just a few lines they write on a certain topic.

Here are links to some of the complaints:

http://writinghood.com/online-writing/academia-research-exposed-as-a-scam/
http://www.webproworld.com/webmaster-forum/threads/45707-Beware-of-Academia-Research
http://www.essayscam.org/Forum/14/please-not-use-academia-research-803/
http://www.essayscam.org/Forum/14/academia-research-com-is-scam-beware-2721/
http://www.scam.com/blog.php?u=127144 http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1522153.aspx

Have a look at these complaints and let me know what do you think?

I would request any one who has worked with academia-research, do let us know about your experience with them.

9 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    anyone who has used the services of academia research? i want to know how they treat us? please any one let me know.

  2. sam says:

    A victim of Academia-Research,

    Academia-Research is a fraud company. I worked for the company for two years.

    They
    do not have plagirism software and consequnces would be paid by
    writers. Normally, plagiriasm software is company's responsibility as
    writer cannot afford it.

    They are blood suckers and nothing more than that.

    I urge all current and potential writers to disassociate with Academia-Research (Fraud Company).

  3. APB says:

    Dear Sam,
    It was sad to hear your story. What does their terms and conditions say regarding plagirism?

  4. Anonymous says:

    Hi, I am looking for freelancing sites that are not a scam and pay on time. I am sixteen so I found a website essays.ph that allows atleast 16 years to register, but I wanted to know if it is really a scam? does anyone know about this? and can you please suggest some freelancing trusted site for under eighteen's.

  5. Anonymous says:

    Hi there
    well, actually I would recommend you to use Academia still. This is not a scam website as the registration is free and they PAY writers in case you are able to provide normal quality of writing. If not - you will get some fines and probably will be fired quite soon. I wonder why writers who conduct a genuine research need all those checkers... You just have to provide them with some original writing) As far as I understood - they check all papers for plagiarism regularly, because I received some emails about the absence of plagiarism in my work and positive checks for it. At the beginning I had a problem with my skills, but their admins explained me everything and provided with all the materials. I am sure you will never find such a tolerant, loyal and helpful stuff as there. I am just glad I have a chance to earn my living with Academia.

  6. Anonymous says:

    I know many writers working for Academia. Why would the work if they are not getting payments?

  7. Anonymous says:

    Despite all academia-research.com complaints I found this service vey cool. academia-research.com gave me a lot of experience. And I received bonuses every month. I can recommend this service for you if UR still looking for a free-lance writing work

  8. Anonymous says:

    read your academia-research review and must say that i agree with half of it. academia-research.com is a great service for those who want a freelance job

  9. Unknown says:

    http://www.pray.net.pk/shop/shohar-k-pas-bairon-mulk-janay-k-msail/

Leave a Reply

Popular Posts